WFA sends a monthly newsletter on its priority issues to over 6000 contacts. Sign up here, free of charge.
WFA holds President’s Awards at Global Marketer Week in Toronto
National advertiser associations from Australia, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Peru, the UK and the US received WFA President’s Awards at this year’s Global Marketer Week in Toronto from incumbent WFA President, David Wheldon.
This year’s winners were honoured during the WFA Gala Dinner on 27 April at the CN Tower.
The winning initiatives:
- The Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) developed a media contract template and guidance notes to empower marketers to address transparency issues;
- The Incorporated Society of British Advertisers (ISBA) created a framework template agreement for media buying and planning services. It’s the first time worldwide that a contract has been used to champion transparency practices;
- The Association of Advertisers in Ireland (AAI) released Marketing Multiplied, a study and book that gives a comprehensive analysis of the ad industry’s significant contribution to the growth of national economies and brands;
- The Italian Advertisers Association (UPA) launched upapercultura.org, an online platform designed to promote partnership projects between cultural institutions and companies;
- Due to its new growth strategy, the Norwegian Association of Advertisers (ANFO) grew in membership by 40% in 2016;
- The National Advertisers Association of Peru (ANDA) launched a tool to identify and quantify the impact of regulation on advertising activities;
- The Association of National Advertisers (ANA) created the #SeeHer initiative to accurately portray all girls and women in the media.
The WFA President’s Awards look to recognise outstanding leadership in marketing through association-led industry initiatives which have helped advance the marketers’ agenda and made a real difference.
This year, WFA received 23 entries from 15 WFA national advertiser associations. The entries covered areas related to best practice in marketing communications, advertising self-regulation, ethics in advertising and sustainability programmes.
Previous editions were held in Istanbul, Brussels and Marrakech in 2010, 2013 and 2015 respectively. Former winners include advertiser associations from Belgium, Chile, China, Finland, France, India, Pakistan and Sweden.
For more information or questions, please contact Camelia Cristache